Form Filler Bookmarklet from Benjamin Keen
There are a number of browser plugins for remembering and automatically filling in form fields, but this is a nice, lightweight approach I’ve been using lately to construct short-term, special-purpose bookmarklets for testing particular cases on particular pages.
- Create the bookmark(let) with the content from the above Form Filler Bookmarklet page
- Visit the page you’re testing and fill out the form with your test values
- Click the bookmark(let). A small window will open which contains simple instructions and a “Form #1” link to a new bookmarklet.
- Drag the “Form #1” bookmarklet link back to your bookmarks. Optionally rename it, put it in a folder of all your forms, etc.
- Whenever you need to repeat filling in that particular form with those particular values, click your new form bookmarklet